moravian home | about moravian

Moravian First Year Seminars in NYC

Throughout the fall semester of 2011, Moravian College students enrolled in the first-year seminars "The Great Museums of New York" and "Broadway and Beyond: NYC Plays, Players, and Playwrights" will reflect here on what they've learned as they have traveled throughout New York City.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Wandering New York CIty


A week ago when the class went to NYC again after we visited both the Tenement Museum and the Museum of the American Indian we had about 3 and a half hours to be on our own up in TImes Square. Since I like walking I walked down from Times Square (7th avenue) over to Grand Central Terminal on Lexington about maybe 7 blocks over. Then I worked my way back west. Stopping at the Public Library which is one of my favorite places, and it was really nice having a choir from England and Scotland singing outside to show their remembrance of 9/11/2001. Eventually I kept walking as far West as I could go, I ended up at the end of pier 84, right next to the Intrepid. It was nice to have the freedom to walk around the city that i grew up outside of I ended up finding things that I did not know where they were or did not even know they existed. It was a great 3 hours for me .

No comments:

Post a Comment