moravian home | about moravian

Moravian First Year Seminars in NYC

Throughout the fall semester of 2011, Moravian College students enrolled in the first-year seminars "The Great Museums of New York" and "Broadway and Beyond: NYC Plays, Players, and Playwrights" will reflect here on what they've learned as they have traveled throughout New York City.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Guggenheim and MOMA

Before this trip I had never been to either of the museums. I really the the architecture of the Guggenheim. It was really interesting and I liked how the whole museum flowed. I actually was more focused on the architecture rather than the actual art inside. I was confused by a lot of Lee Ufan's art. Although, I did enjoy having a tour guide.I would have been completely lost without one. On the hand, my experience at the MOMA was completely different. When walking down the street to the MOMA the building looked like any other building in New York. It was very crowded, but I really did enjoy the artwork. I thought it was very captivating and I liked the diversity. We didn't have a tour guide for this museum. I feel like I didn't get to see as much and kind of just stayed on one floor rather than seeing the entire museum. Overall I really enjoyed both museums for different reasons and had a great day in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment