moravian home | about moravian

Moravian First Year Seminars in NYC

Throughout the fall semester of 2011, Moravian College students enrolled in the first-year seminars "The Great Museums of New York" and "Broadway and Beyond: NYC Plays, Players, and Playwrights" will reflect here on what they've learned as they have traveled throughout New York City.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Walking Circles around the Big Apple!

Second venture into the city! The weather started out perfect for tons of walking. After everybody had gotten their mornign coffee, we walked our feet to the bone, to arrive at the Tenement Museum! Filled with facts, culture, and loads of history, in just a tiny flat. After the tour we walked for what seemed like forever! Finally we saw what seemed to be a radiant light shooting down from the sky, pointing to a a building labeled Traces! I was so excited to see what this show would bring towards its audience. The cast consisted of afew people from all over the world, thriving with talent, flipping around the stage, it was superb. After the laughs, nervous jitters, and non-stop gawking amazment came to an end, we ran outside for autographs. The actors were very nice and relaxed after an hour of actrobatics! I was impressed. Then we walked to the biggest book store I have ever seen, heard of, and been in. Floors and floors of all sorts of various books filled the building, and there was not one aisle in the place not filled with people. After leaving the book store, we finally got to Hair! I personally have already seen it, however it was its last performance, and I could not pass it up! The show was just as ridiculously incredable as the first time I saw it. The catchy music and diverse characters were sublime! The show went out with a bang, and left not one person sitting in their seat!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I can't believe I forgot to mention the bookstore in my post! You're absolutely right when you say it was packed with people, and for good reason! I bought some cute things for some of my friends in there and I hope to go back soon.

    It is so hard to pick a performance to dissect! Every performance was so different and magnificent, but I think I enjoyed the museum the most. I also can't believe how much could have happened in that tiny flat so long ago! It is amazing that we still have it to learn from today.

    ReplyDelete