moravian home | about moravian

Moravian First Year Seminars in NYC

Throughout the fall semester of 2011, Moravian College students enrolled in the first-year seminars "The Great Museums of New York" and "Broadway and Beyond: NYC Plays, Players, and Playwrights" will reflect here on what they've learned as they have traveled throughout New York City.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

New York, take 2!






Our second trip to the city was sort of like a marathon; we left Bethlehem at 7:00 am and returned somewhere around 12:30 am. We managed to visit the East Side Tenement Museum, see both a production of Hair and Traces, visit the Strand bookstore and go out to eat not once, but twice! Out of all those exciting events Traces was by far my favorite. Although Traces did not have a very good plot line, it was extremely hypnotizing. There were seven cast members, one of them being a small woman, with amazing strength. The acrobatic feats they executed were breathtaking. I sat there the entire show, awestruck, with my eyes glued to the stage. The performers were extremely talented and amusing. There was so much tension and emotion in every move they made in every single number. You could just feel their adrenaline pumping as well as the crowd’s excitement. The performers must be such a closely knit “family” because of the amount of trust they put in each other every second of the performance. Usually I can’t stand plays without plot, but what it lacked in storyline it made up for in pure entertainment. When the show came to a close I was left wanting more. I joined my classmates outside to wait for autographs, which is not a normally thing for me. I’m not very easily impressed but this show really got me. It was a performance I could watch over and over again!


Although it was long and exhausting it was an exciting, albeit packed, day and I enjoyed it very much!





No comments:

Post a Comment