moravian home | about moravian

Moravian First Year Seminars in NYC

Throughout the fall semester of 2011, Moravian College students enrolled in the first-year seminars "The Great Museums of New York" and "Broadway and Beyond: NYC Plays, Players, and Playwrights" will reflect here on what they've learned as they have traveled throughout New York City.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Scavenger Hunt in the MoMA

This past weekend I revisited the Museum of Modern Art with my mom. The last time we attended the MoMA together we didn’t have the best experience. My mom ended up becoming sick from being so claustrophobic because the galleries were so packed full of people. This put a damper on my first time in the MoMA and I didn’t really feel like returning any time soon, however, I rather enjoyed myself going on Saturday.

I entered the MoMA with a mission. I had an assignment to find six pieces of artwork, with only a section of each piece on a paper. My mom and I scoured the museum searching for these works and it turned into quite the competition. We both had a great time together and the assignment forced us to look through each gallery and see all the pieces the museum had to offer. After this second time at the MoMA my opinion of the museum has completely changed. I can’t wait to go to New York and visit the Museum of Modern Art once again.

One piece I had to find: Pablo Picasso’s drawing, Interior with a Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment