moravian home | about moravian

Moravian First Year Seminars in NYC

Throughout the fall semester of 2011, Moravian College students enrolled in the first-year seminars "The Great Museums of New York" and "Broadway and Beyond: NYC Plays, Players, and Playwrights" will reflect here on what they've learned as they have traveled throughout New York City.

Friday, November 4, 2011

The final adventure

Being extremely sick the night before departing for New York I knew the day was not going to be easy to get through for me. The miserable weather hit us as soon as we stepped of the bus to enter the Museum of the City of New York. Umbrellas were flying everywhere from the strong gusts of wind and everyone just wanted to get under cover. After our tour of the museum I hoped the weather had let up at least slightly, but to no avail. The day continued like that, a less than enjoyable trek through the slush and sleet to from one destination to the next. I usually enjoy our free time but this almost made it seem like a chore; I just wanted to curl up and go to sleep.

By the time we arrived at the theatre for the performance of Warhorse I was thoroughly drained. To my surprise, Warhorse was able to breathe some life back into me. It was an enthralling show followed by an amazing backstage tour, definitely the highlight Broadway experience of this semester for me.

I knew that any show we could see would not live up to Warhorse for me and Spiderman did not even put up a valiant fight. It was not well put together at all and I found some parts of it laughable. I know that it was probably directed for a different audience but I was still highly disappointed.

Altogether I am glad I toughed it out and made this last trip to New York. Warhorse definitely made it worthwhile, along with my devils food cheesecake that I enjoyed on the way home J

No comments:

Post a Comment