moravian home | about moravian

Moravian First Year Seminars in NYC

Throughout the fall semester of 2011, Moravian College students enrolled in the first-year seminars "The Great Museums of New York" and "Broadway and Beyond: NYC Plays, Players, and Playwrights" will reflect here on what they've learned as they have traveled throughout New York City.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Even NYC can have terrible Broadway shows!

After finally getting off the bus ride, and finishing up our other tasks in the cold dreary snow storm. We finally made it to Lincoln Center Theatre at the Vivian Beaumont where we saw the exquisite production WarHorse. It was filled with intense emotions, a strongly written play, and was so believable that everyone practically thought the horse was real by the end of the show! I was so glad I got to see such a riveting performance, not to mention the thrust stage was set up so that everyone could share the same view, not missing any details. For me being in the balcony it was a thrilling experience. Next we rode the subway to Foxwood Theatre to see Spider-Man Turn Off the Dark. The first half was egregious. Me as an optomistic audience member really kept trying to like and enjoy this production, but it just felt like one of my many school or camp plays; good for young actors but bad for Broadway. Honestly I kept my head up knowing that the second half had to be better, which it turned out that I was correct. The scenic design and action 'flight' fighting made it more enjoyable to watch. However all in all it really is the worst Broadway show in history.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel I know you have seen so many broadway shows, and I know everyone is saying they didnt like spiderman.. do you think it was the worst one you have ever seen ?

    ReplyDelete