moravian home | about moravian

Moravian First Year Seminars in NYC

Throughout the fall semester of 2011, Moravian College students enrolled in the first-year seminars "The Great Museums of New York" and "Broadway and Beyond: NYC Plays, Players, and Playwrights" will reflect here on what they've learned as they have traveled throughout New York City.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

From War Horse to Spiderman

Going into this city trip I was already aware of what show I was going to like and what show was going to disappoint me. War Horse was even better than I expected with its flawless use of puppets and the amazing story and set. The show had just the right amount of effects and truly made the audience FEEL for Joey. This show had me literally on the edge of my seat and I'm proud to say I had tears in my eyes. The tour after the show was the Best thing we have done all semester. Getting the chance to go back stage on a Broadway show was like a dream for me. For me that should have ended our trip, Spiderman was a waste of time, energy, and should never have made it onto a Broadway stage. The effects I was so looking forward to seemed cheesy and lacked purpose. Overall the show was worse than I expected and that’s saying a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment